- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to wash winter clothes at home dry rather than get them cleaned from the market?
Although, you can easily wash winter clothes at home if you know the right method because if handled by an amateur, things may go wrong and you end up damaging your favorite woolens.
What to Buy?
Nowadays, I see a number of mild liquid detergents Ezee, Safewash, etc. placed on the shelves of a super market close to my house. A few drops of such liquids are enough to get the job done.
Steps To Follow
Fill a half bucket with fresh running water. Do not fill it with warm water as it may lead to loosening of the fabric threads and even fading of the cloth's color.
Add Ezee or Safe wash or Genteel according to the number of clothes you are putting in. For half a bucket water, one lid of the bottle should be enough.
Soak the dirty winter clothes in that detergent mixture for 30 minutes.
Rinse them with running water thoroughly. A vigorous rinse might lead to tearing the fabric apart. So, be gentle in handling.
Rinse multiple times, as the water gets absorbed along with the detergent intensely in winter clothes.
Squeeze excess water gently.
Dry them in shade and iron the dry clothes by setting the iron at a low temperature.
Hence, it is not necessary to spend a lot of money on dry-cleaning of clothes like sweaters and jackets. One can go on washing them at home but not with detergents like surf excel and Ariel.
- I find it very difficult to wash blankets at home. What to do to clean them at home?
- How to wash a teddy bear at home?
- How to wash shoes made up of cloth at home?
- How to make soap at home?
- How to iron sarees at home?
- How to set the favicon size in CSS rather than HTML attributes?
- How to get the home directory in Python?
- How to take care of pets at home?
- How to make carrot mix juice at home?
- How to make 'Paneer' at home?
- How to keep lettuce leaves fresh at home?
- Select special fields rather than all in MongoDB
- What do you mean by Winter Olympics? How are they different than the common Olympics?
- How to make notification intent resume rather than making a new intent?
- How to Improve Your Wi-Fi Signal at Home