- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to prevent gestational diabetes?
Gestational diabetes is a non-permanent condition that can happen during pregnancy. If you have Gestational Diabetes, it means you have higher blood sugar levels than usual during pregnancy. Roughly 9% of pregnant women go through gestational diabetes. If you have gestational diabetes, it’s necessary to get it checked and treated faster because it can create difficulties for you and your baby.
Exercise and Diet
Many women are able to handle gestational diabetes through diet and workout, which can be very influential in managing blood sugar levels. Your doctor will suggest a meal and workout routine. You will also require detecting your blood sugar levels to ensure your glucose isn’t extremely high. If diet and workout alone aren’t influential, then you may require taking insulin as well.
Examining Blood Sugar Levels
Your doctor will examine your blood sugar levels daily for the rest of your pregnancy, and you will require examining your levels regularly at home. To do this, you’ll have to utilize a small needle to take a sample of blood from your finger, which you’ll put on an examination strip in a blood glucose meter.
Your doctor will let you know what number sequence to notice for. If your glucose is very high, contact your doctor straight away. Additionally examining at home, you’ll be calling on your doctor more often if you have gestational diabetes. Your doctor will likely want to examine your glucose levels in the office once every month to verify your home studies.
You may also have more often ultrasounds to detect your baby’s development. Your doctor may do a no-stress examination to ensure that your baby’s heart rate arises when they are mobile.
Eventually, your doctor may advise induction if labor doesn’t begin by your due date. The superior way to lower your chances for gestational diabetes is by being in good physical condition before you get pregnant.
- Related Articles
- What is gestational diabetes? Why is it caused?
- What are the effects of gestational diabetes on the baby?
- What are the diet restrictions for a woman with gestational diabetes?
- World Diabetes Day 2018: Here Are The Tips to Prevent Diabetes In Young Children And Teens
- Can Turmeric Help Prevent or Treat Type II Diabetes?
- What are some precautions and lifestyle changes that we should adopt to prevent diabetes?
- The use of iodised salt is recommended to prevent:(a) diabetes (b) gonorrhoea (c) dysentery (d) goitre
- How to prevent data corruption
- How To Prevent Ransomware Attack?
- How to Prevent Broken Access Control?
- Difference between Diabetes Insipidus and Diabetes Mellitus
- How to Order Fast Food When You Have Diabetes
- How to prevent class inheritance in C++
- How to prevent duplicate INSERT in MySQL?