- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to make the axes widths in a plot wider than default in base R?
The axes widths are generally very thin in plots but we can make them wider. This will be useful if we want to highlight the axes labels for reasons such as getting attention of the viewer on axes labels etc. To increase the width of the axes in a base R plot, we can use axis function and set the lwd argument.
> x<-rnorm(1000) > hist(x) > axis(side=1,lwd=4)
- How to display base R plot axes titles in italics?
- How to create a base R plot without axes but keeping the frame of the plot?
- How to remove the plot margin in base R between the axes and the points inside the plot?
- How to create a plot in base R with tick marks but excluding axes lines?
- How to create boxplot in base R without axes labels?
- How to change the resolution of a plot in base R?
- How to create a plot in base R with mixed font of plot title such as default and italics?
- How to add a picture to plot in base R?
- How to change the axes labels using plot function in R?
- How to rotate text in base R plot?
- How to remove Index in base R plot?
- How to display fraction in base R plot?
- How to change the axis color in base R plot?
- How to create a plot in base R without margins?
- How to create a perpendicular arrow in base R plot?