- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to create a stacked bar plot with vertical bars in R using ggplot2?
Traditionally, the stacked bar plot has multiple bars for each level of categories lying upon each other. But this visual can be changed by creating vertical bars for each level of categories, this will help us to read the stacked bar easily as compared to traditional stacked bar plot because people have a habit to read vertical bars.
Consider the below data frame −
set.seed(999) Class<-sample(c("I","II","III","IV"),20,replace=TRUE) Category<-sample(LETTERS[1:4],20,replace=TRUE) Score<-sample(41:100,20) df<-data.frame(Class,Category,Score) df
Class Category Score 1 II D 47 2 III C 88 3 I C 83 4 IV B 67 5 IV D 61 6 I D 56 7 III C 74 8 I C 54 9 II D 100 10 III B 43 11 II A 77 12 III A 72 13 I C 92 14 IV C 81 15 I C 49 16 IV D 97 17 I D 91 18 IV D 73 19 I A 59 20 I B 75
Loading ggplot2 and creating a stacked bar chart with bars on top of each other −
Creating a stacked bar chart with vertical bars −
- Related Articles
- How to create the stacked bar plot using ggplot2 in R with labels on the plot?
- How to create stacked plot with density using ggplot2 in R?
- How to create a bar plot in R with label of bars on top of the bars using ggplot2?
- How to create bar plot of means with error bars of standard deviations using ggplot2 in R?
- How to create a bar plot with ggplot2 using stat_summary in R?
- How to reverse the bars of a bar plot a using ggplot2 in R?
- How to create bar plot with log values using ggplot2 in R?
- How to create transparent bar plot using ggplot2 in R?
- How to create a bar plot using ggplot2 with one bar having black border in R?
- Create stacked bar chart with percentages on Y-axis using ggplot2 in R.
- How to change the color of bars of a bar plot using ggplot2 in R?
- How to increase the space between bars of a bar plot using ggplot2 in R?
- How to create bar plot with gradient colors using ggplot2 in R?\n
- How to create a bar plot with bars for missing values in R?
- How to create dotted vertical lines in a plot using ggplot2 in R?