- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to clear old items in pivot table?
In this article we will learn how to update the pivot table data after updating the details of source table. In many cases, whenever we update the source data as per the requirement the old data still appears in the filter of pivot table dropdown options. This may create confusion for the end user who will view the data table and pivot table. To resolve this issue we can use the following steps.
Step 1− We have taken a sample data for creating the Pivot Table as following −
Step 2− Now, if we update any value in the source data that does not get updated in the Pivot Table even after refreshing the table. Here, I have changed Keyboard to Laptop, but it is still not visible in the dropdown list.
Step 3− To resolve this issue, Right-Click in any cell of the Pivot Table and select the option PivotTable Options.
Step 4− In the PivotTable Options dialog box, select Data Tab and against Number of items to retain per field select the option None and click OK.
Step 5− Now, go to PivotTable Tools > Analyze > Data > Refresh. Here, click Refresh to update the pivot table data.
Step 6− Next, when you click the filter again the old items will get removed.
Hence using this method you can easily update the details of the pivot table. Pivot table is a widely used module of excel for data analysis and data filtering, so updating the data in accordance to the source data must be analyzed carefully before submitting the final output.
- How to clear items from a ttk.Treeview widget?
- How to PIVOT results in Oracle?
- How to create pivot table with sum for data stored in R data frame?
- How to create pivot table with sum for data stored in data.table object in R?
- Create a Pivot Table as a DataFrame – Python Pandas
- Create a Pivot Table with multiple columns – Python Pandas
- How to clear all values from the Hash table in PowerShell?
- How to remove old Docker containers?
- How to edit old designs in Canva?
- Adding items to table using function in SAP
- Is Pivot available in SAP HANA
- How to clear console in C?
- How to clear console in MongoDB?
- How to clear ArrayBlockingQueue in android?
- How to clear screen in python?
- How to clear Tkinter Canvas?