- Finding Percents and Percent Equations
- Finding a percentage of a whole number
- Finding a percentage of a whole number without a calculator: Basic
- Finding a percentage of a whole number without a calculator: Advanced
- Applying the percent equation: Problem type 1
- Applying the percent equation: Problem type 2
- Finding a percentage of a total amount: Real-world situations
- Finding a percentage of a total amount without a calculator: Sales tax, commission, discount
- Estimating a tip without a calculator
- Writing a ratio as a percentage without a calculator
- Finding the rate of a tax or commission
- Finding the total amount given the percentage of a partial amount
- Finding a percentage of a total amount in a circle graph
Finding Percents and Percent Equations
This tutorial provides comprehensive coverage of finding percents and percent equations based on Common Core (CCSS) and State Standards and its prerequisites. Students can navigate learning paths based on their level of readiness. Institutional users may customize the scope and sequence to meet curricular needs. This simple tutorial uses appropriate examples to help you understand finding percents and percent equations in a general and quick way.
This tutorial has been prepared for beginners to help them understand the basics of finding percents and percent equations. After completing this tutorial, you will find yourself at a moderate level of expertise in finding percents and percent equations, from where you can advance further.
Before proceeding with this tutorial, you need a basic knowledge of elementary math concepts such as number sense, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, whole numbers, fractions, decimals, comparing and ordering whole numbers, ratios and proportion, percents and so on.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started