- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between System Testing and Integration Testing
26 Lectures 1.5 hours
20 Lectures 2.5 hours
In this post, we will understand the difference between system testing and integration testing −
It helps tests the finished product.
It is performed after integration testing.
It requires the person performing the system testing to understand the internal structure and the programming language.
The importance is on the behaviour of the module as an entirety.
It covers the functional and the non-functional tests.
The test cases have been created to resemble/work with real life situations.
The different approaches used are big-bang, incremental and functional types.
They are executed by test engineers only.
Following are the types of System Testing −
It helps validate the collection and interface modules.
It is performed after unit testing.
It requires the knowledge of interlinked modules and their interactions.
The importance is given to the functionalities in the system interface between individual modules.
It covers the functional testing only.
The test cases have been built to simulate the interaction between the two modules in question.
The various approaches are sanity test, regression test, usability test, retesting, maintenance, and performance tests.
It can be used by test engineers and developers.
Following are the Integration Strategies −
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Differences between Interface and Integration Testing.
- Difference Between Top-down and bottom-up Integration Testing
- Difference between Agile Testing and Waterfall Testing.
- Difference between Software Testing and Embedded Testing
- Difference between Frontend Testing and Backend Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Stress Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
- Difference between Globalization Testing and Localization Testing
- What is System Integration Testing (SIT) with Example
- Difference between Testing and Debugging
- Difference between Black Box Testing and Gray Box Testing