- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Software Testing and Embedded Testing
Software testing refers to verifing and validating the behavior of the software developed. It ensures that software works as expected without any defect. It also helps in documenting that software is meeting the requirements and is ready to use. Software testing also checks the exceptions and error handling process.
Embedded testing refers to verifying and validating the behavior of both software and hardware using that software. It ensure that embedded system as a whole works perfectly without any bug/defect. Embedded tesing is performed on hardware. It too helps in documenting the system development meets customer requirements.
Following are the important differences between Software Testing and Embedded Testing.
|Sr. No.||Key||Software Testing||Embedded Testing|
|1||Target||Software Testing is performed on software.||Embedded testing is performed on both software and hardware.|
|2||Target||Software testing is performed on client-server orieneted applications.||Embedded testing is performed on hardware.|
|3||Testing Type||Software testing is generally black box based.||Embedded testing can be while as well as black box based.|
|4||Applications||Web and Mobile applications are tested using software testing.||Embedded systems are tested using embedded testing.|
|5||Testing||Software testing is to test software functionality.||Embedded testing tests hardware behavior.|
|6||Manual||Software testing can be manual or automatic.||Embedded testing is mostly manaul.|
|7||Cost||Software testing normally takes time and is costly||Embedded testing takes less time and is not very costly.|
- Embedded Testing (Types of Embedded Testing, Differences between Embedded Testing and Software Testing
- Difference between Agile Testing and Waterfall Testing.
- Difference between Frontend Testing and Backend Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Stress Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
- Difference Between System Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Globalization Testing and Localization Testing
- Stability Testing in Software Testing
- Testing Documentation in Software Testing
- Levels of Testing in Software Testing
- Difference between Testing and Debugging