- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Frontend Testing and Backend Testing
A Web based application is generally three tier architecture based application. First layer is presentation layer called front-end, second layer is business layer or application layer and third layer is database called back-end.
Frontend testing refers to testing the application UI or presentation layer. It can be manual as well as automated.
Backend testing refers to testing the backend and application layers. It is normally automated.
Following are the important differences between Frontend Testing and Backend Testing.
|Sr. No.||Key||Frontend Testing||Backend Testing|
|1||Layer||Frontend testing is performed on Presentation Layer.||Backend testing is performed on Application and Database layer.|
|2||GUI||In Cloud Computing, resources are centrally managed.||In Grid Computing, resources are managed on collaboration pattern.|
|3||Requirement||Tester must have knowledge of the application's functional as well as non-functional requirements.||Tester must have knowledge of database structure, the underlying data in the tables.|
|4||Purpose||Front-end testing involves the verification of application behaviour working as expected or not.||Back-end testing ensures the data is persisting. There is no performance hit.|
|5||Data Storage||In front-end testing, user generally do not make use of SQL queries.||In Back end testing, user heavily use SQL queries to store or to fetch data from database.|
|6||Prerequisites||To automate front-end testing, user must have knowledge of automation tools like selenium, qtp etc.||To automate back-end testing, user must have learnt SQL concepts.|
|7||Examples||Acceptance Testing, System Testing.||SQL testing, API testing.|
- Frontend Testing Vs. Backend Testing: What’s the Difference?
- Difference between Agile Testing and Waterfall Testing.
- Difference between Software Testing and Embedded Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Stress Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
- Difference Between System Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Globalization Testing and Localization Testing
- Difference between Testing and Debugging
- Difference between Black Box Testing and Gray Box Testing
- Difference between Alpha and Beta Testing
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Testing