- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Agile Testing and Waterfall Testing.
Agile testing is a software testing mechanism involving all team members where main owners are subject matter experts termed as Product Owners and testers as Quality Assurants. Agile testing is not a separate performed along with development life cycle. Agile testing involves requirements, designing, test strategy development, test cases development and execution.
Waterfall testing is a phased mannered testing. It is a step by step testing and order of steps is fixed. After completion of one phase of testing, the second phase starts.
Following are the important differences between Agile Testing and Waterfall testing.
|Sr. No.||Key||Agile testing||Waterfall testing|
|1||Phase||No concept of phase in Agile Testing.||Testing is a separate phase in Waterfall testing.|
|2||Development||Testing is performed during development in Agile testing.||Testing starts after development is complete in Waterfall testing.|
|3||Requirent Gathering||In Agile testing, QAs are part of requirement gatherings.||In Waterfall testing, QAs are normally not involved in requirement gathering phase.|
|4||Acceptance Testing||Acceptance test cases are executed after completion of each iteration.||Accpetance test cases are executed once software is developed.|
|5||Delay||In Agile Testing, no time delay between development and testing.||In Waterfall Testing, some delay often occurs between development and testing.|
|6||Overlap||Testing levels can overlap in Agile testing.||Testing levels cannot overlap in Waterfall testing.|
- Difference Between Agile and Waterfall
- Difference between Software Testing and Embedded Testing
- Difference between Frontend Testing and Backend Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Stress Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
- Difference Between System Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Globalization Testing and Localization Testing
- Difference between Testing and Debugging
- Difference between Black Box Testing and Gray Box Testing
- Difference between Alpha and Beta Testing
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Testing