- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing.
26 Lectures 1.5 hours
20 Lectures 2.5 hours
As we know that Testing is the major step for any successful delivery of any application. On the basis of level of execution of testing we can classified testing into two as System Testing and Acceptance Testing.
Following are some basic differences between System Testing and Acceptance Testing.
|Sr. No.||Key||System Testing||Acceptance Testing|
|1||Definition||System Testing is the testing which basically validates the functionality of product developed. Also this testing covers the behavioural as well as functional testing as per the document provided to the tester for testing.||On other hand Acceptance testing is the type of testing which is used to check whether the software meets the customer requirements or not. It basically covers the acceptance criteria provided by the client before development of product.|
|2||Performed By||In general System testing is done by developers as well as testers.||While in case of Acceptance testing it is done by testers, stakeholders as well as clients.|
|3||Coverage||System Testing covers the module basis testing as well as integration testing with multiple modules.||On other hand Acceptance testing covers alpha and beta testing which means it is done at both sides i.e at the side of delivery as well as side of client.|
|4||Order of execution||System testing is generally done after development and before delivery of the product.||On other hand Acceptance testing is done after System testing and delivery of the product.|
|5||Test Cases||In System Testing since it is performed by group of testers, it would contain more negative test cases.||On other hand Acceptance Testing contains more of positive test cases.|
|6||Inputs||All the possible dummy inputs are used in System Testing.||On other hand in acceptance testing all the possible random inputs are used.|
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Difference Between System Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Agile Testing and Waterfall Testing.
- Difference between Software Testing and Embedded Testing
- Difference between Frontend Testing and Backend Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Stress Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
- Difference between Globalization Testing and Localization Testing
- Difference between Testing and Debugging
- Difference between Black Box Testing and Gray Box Testing
- What is User Acceptance Testing (UAT)?
- Difference between Alpha and Beta Testing
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Testing