- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Performance Testing and Stress Testing
26 Lectures 1.5 hours
20 Lectures 2.5 hours
Performance testing is performed over the software to test its performance under a particular workload for its sensitivity, reaction time and its stability.
Stress testing checks the reliability and stability of software under a particular workload. It checks the system for extreme conditions like a heavy load.
The following are some of the important differences between Performance Testing and Stress Testing.
|Sr. No.||Key||Performance Testing||Stress Testing|
|1||Purpose||Performance testing tests system performance under varying loads.||Stress testing tests system performance for a sudden surge in loads.|
|2||Superset||Performance testing has stress testing and load testing as its components.||Stress testing is a subset of performance testing.|
|3||Targets||Performance testing checks the reliability, scalability, and speed of the system.||Stress testing checks the stability of the system.|
|4||Threshold||Performance testing is conducted at below and above threshold limits.||Stress testing is conducted at above threshold limits.|
|5||Result||Performance testing ensures that the system is performing perfectly under varying loads.||Stress testing ensures that the system can handle a sudden surge in load within given limits.|
|6||Application||Performance testing is conducted by varying loads on the system in a uniform fashion.||Stress testing is conducted by increasing the load in a single go.|
|7||Load||Load varies from low to very high in a uniform manner.||The load is increased from low to very high directly.|
- Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
- Load Testing vs Stress Testing vs Performance Testing – What's the Difference?
- What is Stress Testing in Software Testing?
- Difference between Agile Testing and Waterfall Testing.
- Difference between Software Testing and Embedded Testing
- Difference between Frontend Testing and Backend Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Difference between Unit Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Difference Between System Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Globalization Testing and Localization Testing
- Difference between Testing and Debugging
- Difference between Black Box Testing and Gray Box Testing
- Difference between Alpha and Beta Testing