- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
Performance testing is performed over the software to test its performance under a particular workload for its sensitivity, reaction time and its stability.
Load testing checks the performance of the software to check its performance under real life-based loads.
The following are some of the important differences between Performance Testing and Load Testing.
|Sr. No.||Key||Performance Testing||Load Testing|
|1||Purpose||Performance testing tests system performance under varying loads.||Load testing tests system performance for multiple users using the application at the same time.|
|2||Threshold||Performance testing is conducted at below and above threshold limits.||Load testing is conducted at threshold limits.|
|3||Result||Performance testing ensures that the system is performing perfectly under varying loads.||Load testing ensures that the system can handle how many users at a time without performance degradation.|
|4||Result||Performance testing checks the performance of the system.||Load testing checks the operational capacity of the system.|
|5||Cost||Performance testing tools are not much costly.||Load testing tools are very costly.|
|6||Targets||Performance testing checks the reliability, scalability, and speed of the system.||Load testing checks the sustainability of the system.|
- Difference between Performance Testing and Stress Testing
- Load Testing vs Stress Testing vs Performance Testing – What's the Difference?
- Top Performance or Load Testing Tools
- Top 15 Performance Load Testing Tools
- Difference between Agile Testing and Waterfall Testing.
- Difference between Software Testing and Embedded Testing
- Difference between Frontend Testing and Backend Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Difference Between System Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Globalization Testing and Localization Testing
- Difference between Testing and Debugging
- Difference between Black Box Testing and Gray Box Testing