- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Change the default location for saving sketches in Arduino IDE
By default, on a Windows machine, Arduino saves all the sketches in C:\Users\<Your User Name>\Documents\Arduino. Now, for whatever reason, you may want to change this default location. A common reason is that the C: has limited storage and you’d like to save sketches to a drive which has enough free space.
In order to change the default location, go to File → Preferences.
In the dialog box that opens up, the first input field is the Sketchbook location. Click on the ‘Browse’ button next to it and choose your desired path.
After changing the path, click OK. Now, if you try to save a new sketch, Arduino will default to the location you specified.
- Change board selection in Arduino IDE
- How to change programmer in Arduino IDE
- Auto-format code in Arduino IDE
- See inbuilt examples in Arduino IDE
- Default location for installation of SAP HANA Studio
- Change the default background color for Matplotlib plots
- Arduino IDE 2.0 – Using the Boards Manager
- Download a new library in Arduino IDE
- Add new header files in Arduino IDE
- What are the major new features in Arduino IDE 2.0?
- How to use the Autocomplete feature in Arduino IDE 2.0?
- How to compile code using Arduino IDE
- How to show line numbers in Arduino IDE?
- Installing a new library in Arduino IDE 2.0
- Check if the board is connected or not in Arduino IDE