- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the major new features in Arduino IDE 2.0?
The major new features in Arduino IDE 2.0 as compared to the previous versions are −
Addition of Autocomplete feature
This was one of the main features putting Arduino at a disadvantage. Several other IDEs came with the autocomplete feature, which made writing code much faster. With the introduction of this feature, Arduino IDE will hopefully cover some lost ground
Addition of Debugging Tool
Though not yet supported by every board and platform, the introduction of this tool is a step in the right direction. It helps you introduce breakpoints and watch variables at runtime, helping the process of debugging.
Serial Monitor is no longer a popup
The Serial Monitor in Arduino IDE 2.0 appears as a separate tab at the bottom, besides the output, as opposed to a popup as in the previous versions.
The Arduino IDE 2.0 UI looks clean and user friendly. Some tweaks are made here and there,like grouping of boards in boards selection and so on. This IDE also comes with a side bar on the left, with popular options like Boards Manager, Library Manager, Debug Tool and so on.
Absence of Serial Plotter
The Serial Plotter is surprisingly missing from Arduino IDE 2.0. We can hope that it is reintroduced in the future versions.
- What are the major features of Java programming?
- Download a new library in Arduino IDE
- Add new header files in Arduino IDE
- What are the new features in MySQL 8.0
- Installing a new library in Arduino IDE 2.0
- Major features of C# programming
- What are the new features added to Stream API in Java 9?
- Auto-format code in Arduino IDE
- See inbuilt examples in Arduino IDE
- Change board selection in Arduino IDE
- What are the best New features added to iPhone and iPad with iOS12?
- Arduino IDE 2.0 – Using the Boards Manager
- What are the features of ODBC?
- What are the features of MQTT?
- What are the major benefits of Ayurveda?