- Magento Basics Tutorial
- Magento - Home
- Magento - Overview
- Magento - Installation
- Magento - Architecture
- Magento Store Setup
- Magento - Product Overview
- Magento - Setup Languages
- Magento - Setup Contact
- Magento - Setup Categories
- Magento - Setup Products
- Magento - Setup Inventory
- Magento - Setup Taxes
- Magento - Setup Shipping Rates
- Magento - Setup Payment Plans
- Magento - Setup Payment Gateway
- Magento - Setup Payment Methods
- Magento - Setup Currencies
- Magento - Setup Check Out Options
- Magento - Setup Paypal Payment
- Magento - Setup Google Checkout
- Magento - Setup Store Live
- Magento Order Processing
- Magento - Orders Life Cycle
- Magento - Setup Order Options
- Magento - Setup Order Emails
- Magento - Create Orders
- Magento - Manage Orders
- Magento System Setup
- Magento - Setup Customers
- Magento - Setup Google Analytics
- Magento - Setup Pretty URLs
- Magento - Setup Youtube Video
- Magento - Setup Facebook Likes
- Magento - Setup Translation
- Magento - Setup System Theme
- Magento - Setup Page Title
- Magento - Setup Page Layout
- Magento - Setup New Pages
- Magento - Setup CMS
- Magento - Setup Newsletter
- Magento Optimization
- Magento - Site Optimization
- Magento - Profiling
- Magento - Database Performance
- Search Engine Optimization
- Magento Useful Resources
- Magento - Questions and Answers
- Magento - Quick Guide
- Magento - Useful Resources
- Magento - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Magento - Setup Customers
It is necessary to record customer accounts and customer registration process in Magento. This chapter describes the customer settings as shown in the following steps.
Step 1 − Login to your Magento Admin Panel.
Step 2 − Go to System menu and click on the Configuration option.
Step 3 − Click on the Customer Configuration option under CUSTOMERS section on the left side navigation bar.
Step 4 − Expand the Account Sharing Options panel which includes the field Share Customer Accounts that is set to Per Website value. This determines that customers can use this account to login only on particular website. Next, expand the Online Customers Options panel and set the interval time for Online Minutes Interval option. By default, it is empty and value is set to 15 minutes.
Step 5 − The Create New Account Options panel contains following fields. Fill up all the fields as provided in the screen and click on Save Config button to save your changes.
Step 6 − The Password Options panel has some settings −
Forgot Email Template − It helps to reset the customer's password, if the customer’s forgot their password.
Remind Email Template − It changes the template for particular e-mail transaction.
Forgot and Remind Email Sender − It selects an e-mail address which sends password message to the customer which are displayed from the fields of Forgot and Remind mail Template.
Recovery Link Expiration Period − It specifies for how many days the recovery link will be active for resetting password.
Step 7 − The Login Options panel has an option called Redirect Customer to Account Dashboard after Logging in which is set to Yes by default. If you set it to No, customers will stay on the current page. After done with the settings, click on the Save Config button to save your changes.