- Magento Basics Tutorial
- Magento - Home
- Magento - Overview
- Magento - Installation
- Magento - Architecture
- Magento Store Setup
- Magento - Product Overview
- Magento - Setup Languages
- Magento - Setup Contact
- Magento - Setup Categories
- Magento - Setup Products
- Magento - Setup Inventory
- Magento - Setup Taxes
- Magento - Setup Shipping Rates
- Magento - Setup Payment Plans
- Magento - Setup Payment Gateway
- Magento - Setup Payment Methods
- Magento - Setup Currencies
- Magento - Setup Check Out Options
- Magento - Setup Paypal Payment
- Magento - Setup Google Checkout
- Magento - Setup Store Live
- Magento Order Processing
- Magento - Orders Life Cycle
- Magento - Setup Order Options
- Magento - Setup Order Emails
- Magento - Create Orders
- Magento - Manage Orders
- Magento System Setup
- Magento - Setup Customers
- Magento - Setup Google Analytics
- Magento - Setup Pretty URLs
- Magento - Setup Youtube Video
- Magento - Setup Facebook Likes
- Magento - Setup Translation
- Magento - Setup System Theme
- Magento - Setup Page Title
- Magento - Setup Page Layout
- Magento - Setup New Pages
- Magento - Setup CMS
- Magento - Setup Newsletter
- Magento Optimization
- Magento - Site Optimization
- Magento - Profiling
- Magento - Database Performance
- Search Engine Optimization
- Magento Useful Resources
- Magento - Questions and Answers
- Magento - Quick Guide
- Magento - Useful Resources
- Magento - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Magento - Orders Life Cycle
Orders follow a standard life cycle process. When the customer places product orders, it arrives in the administration interface with a pending status. When the order is processed, the status of order changes according to the current state in the processing workflow. Once the invoice is created for the order, the status changes from pending to processing status. Next, it creates shipment for an order which changes the status from pending to complete status.
Order Status in Magento
The following screen shows the order process in Magento −
New Order − Customer places an order into the Magento store.
Pending − Pending orders are brand new orders that have not been processed. These orders need to be invoiced and shipped.
Pending PayPal − These are the brand new orders that have been not cleared by PayPal.
Processing − When you invoice the order, Magento will change the state to 'processing'.
Cancelled − This status is called when the customer visits the store and cancels an order or else if the order has been not paid for.
Order Shipped − Order shipment is generated when an order status changes from pending to complete.
On Hold − Order is put on hold when more information from the user is required before the purchase is processed.
Complete − When order is marked as complete, it has been both invoiced and shipped.
The following steps describe how Magento order life cycle works −
Step 1 − Login to your Magento Admin Panel.
Step 2 − Go to Sales menu and click on the Orders option.
Step 3 − Next, you can see some orders list. Click on the View link to see the order's information.
Step 4 − You will see the customer's account information and billing address. When you scroll down, you will see the history status under the Comments History section.
Step 5 − Click on Track and scroll down to the lower portion of the page. Under the Items table, go to Track column which provides tracking options like Backordered, Recieved or Returned when you click on the dropdown menu. Select your option and click on the Submit Changes button to save your settings.