- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why is it important to update all the software to have better security?
Most of the time, when we suddenly see a pop-up demanding an update, we tend to select the option of scheduling them later. In this article, we will see why those software updates are important, and what if we don't keep our system and its apps up-to-date?
Realizing that you were hacked because you ignored the update pop-up on your system while you were working would be very hard to digest. Updating all the software, specifically the anti-virus and anti-malware programs, minimizes the chances of any loopholes in the program's security, ensuring that viruses, malware, and remote "hackers" stay out of your system.
Updating your software fixes the security issues, enhances the software feature, and sometimes even adds new features to the application. It may not be necessary for you at that time, but it also helps the application be more compatible with your system.
If you don't keep your system up-to-date, sometimes you may face an issue while transferring the files from one client to another to transfer files if both systems are not compatible with each other or don't use identical versions. There are chances that while transferring files, you may lose some data.
Sometimes, it's not even you that needs an update. Still, the driver of the OS you are using may ask for an update of any application which isn't compatible with it. Mainly when these drivers are updated, computer systems that interact with this also need to be updated for smooth functioning of the system.
The most active hackers spend countless nights looking for vulnerabilities in the most widely used software products. Those vulnerabilities then act as the door for them to attack your system and steal or encrypt sensitive data. By updating your computer systems, you ensure that your business has the best protection possible against cybercrime with the latest features available in the market against those security breaches.
Even though all these software updates may be annoying and time-consuming, and sometimes even irritating while doing some important work, they are absolutely essential. They ensure that your device has the best, most up-to-date versions of the software it uses and primarily protects against harmful cybercriminals that could cost you more than you can afford. So, the next time, you see any update window, don't just avoid it. You may schedule it for later if not then and there, but updates are necessary.
- Why it is important to sleep at noon?
- Why is it important to secure IoT devices?
- Why is it important for Finance Managers to have an understanding of Capital Markets?
- Why is it important to create a Data Backup?
- What Is the Kyoto Protocol and Why Is It Important?
- Why is it important to play outdoor games for kids?
- What is cyber hygiene, and why is it important?
- What is data mining and why is it important
- Why is it important to discover your career passion, and how?
- What is Rogue Security Software? (Features, What It Does, How to Prevent)
- Keystone XL Pipeline – Timeline, Economics and Why Is It Important?
- What is the difference between Software Security and Cyber Security?
- Why is it necessary to have a girl or boyfriend in life?