- DCN Tutorial
- Data Comm & Networks Home
- DCN - Overview
- DCN - Computer Network Types
- DCN - Network LAN Technologies
- DCN - Computer Network Topologies
- DCN - Computer Network Models
- DCN - Computer Network Security
- Physical Layer
- DCN - Physical Layer Introduction
- DCN - Digital Transmission
- DCN - Analog Transmission
- DCN - Transmission media
- DCN - Wireless Transmission
- DCN - Multiplexing
- DCN - Network Switching
- Data Link Layer
- DCN - Data Link Layer Introduction
- DCN - Error detection and Correction
- DCN - Data Link Control & Protocols
- Network Layer
- DCN - Network Layer Introduction
- DCN - Network Addressing
- DCN - Routing
- DCN - Internetworking
- DCN - Network Layer Protocols
- Transport Layer
- DCN - Transport Layer Introduction
- DCN - Transmission Control Protocol
- DCN - User Datagram Protocol
- Application Layer
- DCN - Application Layer Introduction
- DCN - Client-Server Model
- DCN - Application Protocols
- DCN - Network Services
- DCN Useful Resources
- DCN - Quick Guide
- DCN - Useful Resources
What is the difference between Software Security and Cyber Security?
Let us begin by understanding what software security is.
Software security is produced to protect and secure servers, computers, cellular devices, and networks from unauthorized access, intrusions, viruses, and several threats. Software security can defend information, users, systems, and organization from a broad range of risks.
Software systems can be linked to stealing information, monitor content, enter vulnerabilities, and damage the behavior of the application. Malware can generate DOS (denial of service) or crash the framework itself. Buffer overflow, stack overflow, command injection, and SQL injections are the most common attacks on the software.
Software security can represent the software that is engineered including it continues to function correctly under malicious attacks. Software security describes methodologies, frameworks, processes, and methods that improve security and decrease vulnerabilities within the software and the environment in which it runs.
There are several methods to software security that are generally structured around potential malicious cyber-attacks. Software security also tries to identify, protect against, and create solutions for vulnerabilities that are not the outcomes of malicious attacks but are nevertheless harmful.
Cyber security is the method of protecting technological systems, networks, and programs from digital attacks, damage, or unauthorized access. These attacks target accessing, transforming, or otherwise destroying important data, extorting money from users or organizations, and even disorganizing standard business procedures.
Types of Cyber Security
There are various types of cyber security which are as follows −
Network Security − It contains executing the hardware and software to achieve a computer network from unauthorized access, intruders, attacks, disruption, and exploitation. This security supports an organization to secure its assets against external and internal threats.
Information or Data Security − It contains executing a strong data storage mechanism to support the integrity and privacy of information, both in storage and in transit.
Identity management − It deals with the procedure for deciding the level of access that each individual has inside an organization.
Operational Security − It contains processing and creating decisions on managing and securing data assets
Mobile Security − It contains securing the organizational and personal information saved on mobile devices including cell phones, computers, tablets, and other similar devices against several malicious threats. These threats are permitted access, device loss or steal, malware, etc.
Password Attacks − It is a type of cyber security threat that contains a hacking attempt by hackers to crack the passwords of the user. With the support of a hacking device, hackers can introduce several passwords a second to crack the victim’s account credentials and grow access. Hackers can also implement password attacks on a computer login screen to boost access to a victim's computer and the data saved in it.
- Related Articles
- Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security
- What is the difference between Cryptography and Cyber Security?
- Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security in Computer Networks?
- What is Cyber Security and Cyber Crimes?
- What is the difference between Physical Security and Logical Security in information security?
- What is Scavenging in Cyber Security?
- What is the difference between Privacy and Security?
- What are the differences between Endpoint Security and Antivirus Software?
- What is Cyber Crime and Mobile Security Threat?
- What is Cyber Security and what are its types?
- What is Intrusion Detection in Cyber Security?
- What is the difference between data security and data integrity?
- What is Angler Exploit Kit in Cyber Security?
- Difference Between Security and Protection
- What is the importance of Pen Testing in Cyber Security?