- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is SciPy in Python? Explain how it can be installed, and its applications?
Data present in large amounts needs to be dealt with properly. This is why computers with large capacities are used. Scientific and technical computations of large datasets can be done with the help of a library in Python known as SciPy. SciPy is short of ‘Scientific Python’.
The Numpy library in Python is a pre-requisite to SciPy because SciPy is built on top of Numpy. Ensure that Numpy library is installed before installing SciPy library. It is an open-source software that is easily available to install and use.
It has many features of data science and machine learning that are required to successfully process and work with data. It can be used to perform operations on Numpy arrays. The computational speed is high, and it is easy to understand.
Installation of SciPy
pip install scipy
Note − This is the command to download it for windows operating system.
sudo port install py35-scipy py35-numpy
Note − This is the command to download it for mac operating system.
sudo apt-get install python-scipy python-numpy
Note − This is the command to download it for Linux operating system.
SciPy can also be used for various other purposes such as −
- Least squares used in Regression
- Signal processing
- Linear algebra
Let us understand how values can be integrated (mathematical operation)
import scipy.integrate my_fun = lambda x: 11.345*x i = scipy.integrate.quad(my_fun, 0, 3.1) print("The integrated values are : ") print(i)
The integrated values are : (54.512725, 6.052128243005939e-13)
- The required libraries are imported, and alias names are given for ease of use.
- A lambda function is defined to generate data values.
- These are the values that are integrated.
- The ‘integrate’ function present in SciPy is called.
- The output is displayed on the console.
- Explain how Nelder-Mead algorithm can be implemented using SciPy Python?
- What is interpolation and how can we implement it in the SciPy Python library?
- Explain how the minimum of a scalar function can be found in SciPy using Python?
- How can discrete Fourier transform be performed in SciPy Python?
- How can SciPy be used to calculate the permutations and combination values in Python?
- What is SciPy and why should we use it?
- How to get a list of installed android Applications?
- How can SciPy be used to calculate the inverse of a matrix in Python?
- How can SciPy be used to calculate the cube root of values and exponential values in Python?
- How to get a list of installed Android applications in Kotlin?
- What is reverberation? How can it be reduced?
- How can SciPy be used to calculate the determinant value of a matrix in Python?
- How can SciPy be used to calculate the eigen values and eigen vectors of a matrix in Python?
- What is hysteresis thresholding? How can it be achieved using scikit-learn in Python?