- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can discrete Fourier transform be performed in SciPy Python?
Discrete Fourier Transform, or DFT is a mathematical technique that helps in the conversion of spatial data into frequency data.
Fast Fourier Transformation, or FTT is an algorithm that has been designed to compute the Discrete Fourier Transformation of spatial data.
The spatial data is usually in the form of a multidimensional array. Frequency data refers to data that contains information about the number of signals or wavelengths in a specific period of time.
Let us see how this DFT can be achieved using the ‘SciPy’ library.
The graph is created using the matplotlib library and data is generated using the Numpy library −
From matplotlib import pyplot as plt import numpy as np my_freq = 6 freq_samp = 70 time_val = np.linspace(0, 3, 3 * freq_samp, endpoint = False ) amp_val = np.sin(my_freq * 3 * np.pi * time_val) figure, axis = plt.subplots() axis.plot(time_val, amp_val) axis.set_xlabel ('Time (in seconds)') axis.set_ylabel ('Amplitude of signal') plt.show() from scipy import fftpack A = fftpack.fft(amp_val) frequency = fftpack.fftfreq(len(amp_val)) * freq_samp figure, axis = plt.subplots() axis.stem(frequency, np.abs(A)) axis.set_xlabel('Frequency in Hz') axis.set_ylabel('Frequency Spectrum Magnitude') axis.set_xlim(-freq_samp / 2, freq_samp/ 2) axis.set_ylim(-7, 125) plt.show()
- The required packages are imported.
- The data is generated with the help of Numpy library.
- This data is plotted as a sine wave on the console with the help of matplotlib library.
- Next, the ‘fftpack’ package is used to find the fast Fourier transform of the data generated.
- This data is again plotted on the graph.
- Discrete-Time Fourier Transform
- Inverse Discrete-Time Fourier Transform
- Differentiation in Frequency Domain Property of Discrete-Time Fourier Transform
- Signals and Systems – Relation between Discrete-Time Fourier Transform and Z-Transform
- C++ Program to Compute Discrete Fourier Transform Using Naive Approach
- Signals and Systems – Properties of Discrete-Time Fourier Transform
- Linearity, Periodicity and Symmetry Properties of Discrete-Time Fourier Transform
- How can Unicode operations be performed in Tensorflow using Python?
- How can automated document classification be performed?
- Time Shifting and Frequency Shifting Properties of Discrete-Time Fourier Transform
- Time Convolution and Frequency Convolution Properties of Discrete-Time Fourier Transform
- How can generalization be performed on such data?
- Derivation of Fourier Transform from Fourier Series
- Difference between Fourier Series and Fourier Transform
- Explain how Nelder-Mead algorithm can be implemented using SciPy Python?