- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can SciPy be used to calculate the determinant value of a matrix in Python?
The determinant value can be calculated on a matrix or on an array that has more than one dimension.
It may sometimes be required to understand the marix/array better. This is where the determinant operation would be needed.
SciPy offers a function named ‘det’ that is present in the ‘linalg’ class which is short for ‘Linear Algebra’.
Syntax of ‘det’ function
The ‘matrix’ is the parameter that is passed to the ‘det’ function to find its determinant value.
This function can be called by passing the matrix/array as an argument.
In the above picture, assume that ‘a’, ‘b’, ‘c’ and ‘d’ are numeric values of a matrix. The determinant is calculated by finding the difference between the product of ‘a’, ‘d’ and ‘b’,’c’.
Let us see how it can be done.
from scipy import linalg import numpy as np two_d_matrix = np.array([ [7, 9], [33, 8] ]) print("The determinant value of the matrix is :") print(linalg.det(two_d_matrix ))
The determinant value of the matrix is : -241.0
- The required libraries are imported.
- A matrix is defined with certain values in it.
- Parameters are passed to the ‘det’ function that computes the determinant value of the matrix.
- The function is called.
- This output is displayed on the console.
- How can SciPy be used to calculate the inverse of a matrix in Python?
- How can SciPy be used to calculate the eigen values and eigen vectors of a matrix in Python?
- How can SciPy be used to calculate the permutations and combination values in Python?
- How can SciPy be used to calculate the cube root of values and exponential values in Python?
- Finding determinant of a square matrix using SciPy library
- How can Tensorflow be used to sum specific elements/rows of a matrix in Python?
- Determinant of a Matrix in C++?
- Determinant of a Matrix in C++ Program
- Python Program to find out the determinant of a given special matrix
- PyTorch – How to compute the determinant of a square matrix?
- Explain how the minimum of a scalar function can be found in SciPy using Python?
- How can discrete Fourier transform be performed in SciPy Python?
- C++ Program to Compute Determinant of a Matrix
- Which linear function of SciPy is used to solve the circulant matrix equation?
- Which linear function of SciPy is used to solve a banded matrix equation?