- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is auto refresh feature in JSP?
JSP makes this job easy by providing you a mechanism where you can make a webpage in such a way that it would refresh automatically after a given interval.
The simplest way of refreshing a Webpage is by using the setIntHeader() method of the response object. Following is the signature of this method −
public void setIntHeader(String header, int headerValue)
This method sends back the header "Refresh" to the browser along with an integer value which indicates time interval in seconds.
Auto Page Refresh Example
In the following example, we will use the setIntHeader() method to set Refresh header. This will help simulate a digital clock −
<%@ page import = "java.io.*,java.util.*" %> <html> <head> <title>Auto Refresh Header Example</title> </head> <body> <center> <h2>Auto Refresh Header Example</h2> <% // Set refresh, autoload time as 5 seconds response.setIntHeader("Refresh", 5); // Get current time Calendar calendar = new GregorianCalendar(); String am_pm; int hour = calendar.get(Calendar.HOUR); int minute = calendar.get(Calendar.MINUTE); int second = calendar.get(Calendar.SECOND); if(calendar.get(Calendar.AM_PM) == 0) am_pm = "AM"; else am_pm = "PM"; String CT = hour+":"+ minute +":"+ second +" "+ am_pm; out.println("Crrent Time: " + CT + "
"); %> </center> </body> </html>
Now put the above code in main.jsp and try to access it. This will display the current system time every 5 seconds as follows. Just run the JSP and wait to see the result −
Auto Refresh Header Example Current Time is: 9:44:50 PM
- Related Articles
- How do you implement the auto refresh in JSP?
- Auto-complete feature using Trie
- Disabling Pull-to-Refresh Feature on Mobile Browsers using CSS
- How to refresh a JSP page at regular interval?
- How to add a shake feature that will refresh Android Application?
- Using Auto Documentation feature in SAP HANA Modeler Perspective
- Disabling Android's chrome pull-down-to-refresh feature with HTML.
- How to auto-generate a step definition to a feature file in Cucumber?
- What is autoFlush attribute in JSP?
- What is contentType attribute in JSP?
- What is errorPage attribute in JSP?
- What is isErrorPage attribute in JSP?
- What is extends attribute in JSP?
- What is import attribute in JSP?