- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How do you implement the auto refresh in JSP?
517 Lectures 57 hours
JSP makes this job easy by providing you a mechanism where you can make a webpage in such a way that it would refresh automatically after a given interval.
The simplest way of refreshing a Webpage is by using the setIntHeader() method of the response object. Following is the signature of this method −
public void setIntHeader(String header, int headerValue)
This method sends back the header "Refresh" to the browser along with an integer value which indicates time interval in seconds.
Auto Page Refresh Example
In the following example, we will use the setIntHeader() method to set Refresh header. This will help simulate a digital clock −
<%@ page import = "java.io.*,java.util.*" %> <html> <head> <title>Auto Refresh Header Example</title> </head> <body> <center> <h2>Auto Refresh Header Example</h2> <% // Set refresh, autoload time as 5 seconds response.setIntHeader("Refresh", 5); // Get current time Calendar calendar = new GregorianCalendar(); String am_pm; int hour = calendar.get(Calendar.HOUR); int minute = calendar.get(Calendar.MINUTE); int second = calendar.get(Calendar.SECOND); if(calendar.get(Calendar.AM_PM) == 0) am_pm = "AM"; else am_pm = "PM"; String CT = hour+":"+ minute +":"+ second +" "+ am_pm; out.println("Crrent Time: " + CT + "
"); %> </center> </body> </html>
Now put the above code in main.jsp and try to access it. This will display the current system time every 5 seconds as follows. Just run the JSP and wait to see the result −
Auto Refresh Header Example Current Time is: 9:44:50 PM
- What is auto refresh feature in JSP?
- How do you implement hit counter in JSP?
- How do you set cookies in the JSP?
- How do you define multiple filters in JSP?
- How to implement Android Pull-to-Refresh?
- How to refresh a JSP page at regular interval?
- How do you give a C# Auto-Property a default value?
- How can we implement auto-complete JComboBox in Java?
- How can you implement hit counter to avoid loss of count data with each restart of the application in JSP?
- How can you upload a file using JSP?
- How can you delete a session data in JSP?
- How do you earn bitcoins?
- How can you read a request header information in JSP?
- How do you get the file size in C#?
- How do you view the revision history in Git?