- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to refresh a JSP page at regular interval?
Following example would use setIntHeader() method to set Refresh header to simulate a digital clock −
<%@ page import = "java.io.*,java.util.*" %> <html> <head> <title>Auto Refresh Header Example</title> </head> <body> <center> <h2>Auto Refresh Header Example</h2> <% // Set refresh, autoload time as 5 seconds response.setIntHeader("Refresh", 5); // Get current time Calendar calendar = new GregorianCalendar(); String am_pm; int hour = calendar.get(Calendar.HOUR); int minute = calendar.get(Calendar.MINUTE); int second = calendar.get(Calendar.SECOND); if(calendar.get(Calendar.AM_PM) == 0) am_pm = "AM"; else am_pm = "PM"; String CT = hour+":"+ minute +":"+ second +" "+ am_pm; out.println("Current Time is: " + CT + "\n"); %> </center> </body> </html>
Now put the above code in main.jsp and try to access it. This will display the current system time after every 5 seconds as follows. Run the JSP. You will receive the following output: −
Auto Refresh Header Example
Current Time is: 9:44:50 PM
- How to refresh a page in Firefox?
- How to write a comment in a JSP page?
- What is auto refresh feature in JSP?
- How do you implement the auto refresh in JSP?
- How to create a common error page using JSP?
- How to write a for loop in a JSP page?
- How to write a while loop in a JSP page?
- How to write a switch statement in a JSP page?
- How to avoid Java code in jsp page?
- How to send a html based email using a JSP page?
- How to send a email with attachment using a JSP page?
- What is a page object in JSP?
- What is a page directive in JSP?
- What is JSP page redirection?
- How to write an if-else statement in a JSP page?