- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the salient features of the poetry of the Romantic writers?
Romanticism and poetry on romance is the movement that got intensified towards the end of the 18th century throughout Europe. It technically starts in the year when Lyrical Ballads, a famous work of Samuel Taylor Coleridge and William Wordsworth, was published.
Romantic Poetry Features
Treatment of the supernatural − The poets treat the supernatural in such a manner that it becomes convincing and introduces some sort of Gothic element into the writing.
Suspension of Disbelief − This phrase describes how in the poetry of Romantic writers we are forced to believe, even what is irrational.
Realism − The poets of Romantic Age exercise an imaginative realism. Realism was not only in their manner of presentation, but also in the subject matter of their writing.
Medievalism Present − Medievalism is present everywhere in the poems of Romantic writers. For example, the whole The Rime of the Ancient Mariner is wrought with the color and glamour of Middle Ages.
Emotions At A Priority − Apart from showing us the role of Nature in the growth of the individual as in the poem Prelude by Wordsworth, the Romantic poets related their experiences to bring out the change in perceptions based on emotions.
Nature Imagery − Nature was their guide, friend, philosopher, nurse, playmate, mother and what not! She was both beautiful and stern, fearful and sublime, inspirational and also intimidating to these writers. This is very evident in Prelude by William Wordsworth.
Pantheism − It is the belief everything is divine and that all reality composes god himself.
Spiritual Outlook − Nowhere does one talk about religion, but they talk about spiritualism, which is a step higher than religion.
Autobiographical − The poems are indeed autobiographical in nature. They portray their own self and are individualistic and subjective.
- What are the features of ODBC?
- What are the features of MQTT?
- What made Shakespeare the greatest of all writers?
- What are the hidden features of C#?
- What are the Features of Perl Language?
- What are the key features of Java?
- What are the main features of JDBC?
- What are the three features of blood?
- What are the main features of MySQL?
- What are the features of Preference Shares?
- What are the features of Operating Systems?
- What are the features of data mining?
- What are the features of Query Formulation?
- What are the features of OLAP Servers?
- What are the major features of Java programming?