- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the Features of Perl Language?
Perl is a programming language developed by Larry Wall, specially designed for text processing. There are following great feature of Perl Language
Perl takes the best features from other languages, such as C, awk, sed, sh, and BASIC, among others.
Perl's database integration interface DBI supports third-party databases including Oracle, Sybase, Postgres, MySQL, and others.
Perl works with HTML, XML, and other mark-up languages.
Perl supports Unicode.
Perl is Y2K compliant.
Perl supports both procedural and object-oriented programming.
Perl interfaces with external C/C++ libraries through XS or SWIG.
Perl is extensible. There are over 20,000 third party modules available from the Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN).
The Perl interpreter can be embedded into other systems.
- Related Articles
- What is Perl Programming Language?
- Key features of the Swift programming language?
- What are the features of ODBC?
- What are the features of MQTT?
- C++ Programming Language Features
- What are the key features of Java?
- What are the hidden features of C#?
- What are the main features of JDBC?
- What are the main features of MySQL?
- What are the features of Preference Shares?
- What are the features of Query Formulation?
- What are the features of OLAP Servers?
- What are the features of Operating Systems?
- What are the features of data mining?
- What are the three features of blood?