- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the features of ODBC?
ODBC drivers implements standard SQL syntax, following are the important features of ODBC:
Inter-operability: Using ODBC driver you can develop applications which can communicate with different Database Management Systems and, you can switch/migrate your application from one database to other easily.
SQL Syntax: ODBC implements SQL syntax for easy understanding. Whenever an SQL statement passed to the ODBC driver it matches the given statement to the SQL 92 standard and writes the respective SQL statement that is accepted by an underlying database.
Rich metadata: ODBC provides rich support to metadata. It provides functions to get data about both functions and datatypes.
Attributes: ODBC also provides functions to get the details of the attributes and functions used in the drivers.
Error codes: It supports error code mechanism to indicate the issues occur while processing the SQL statements.
- Related Articles
- What are the important components of ODBC?
- What are the disadvantages of ODBC drivers?
- What are the features of MQTT?
- What are the key features of Java?
- What are the hidden features of C#?
- What are the main features of JDBC?
- What are the Features of Perl Language?
- What are the main features of MySQL?
- What are the features of Preference Shares?
- What are the features of Query Formulation?
- What are the features of OLAP Servers?
- What are the features of Operating Systems?
- What are the features of data mining?
- What are the three features of blood?
- What is ODBC?