- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the Repeaters in Computer Network?
A repeater is a dynamic network device used to reproduce the signals when they transmit over a greater distance so that the signal’s strength remains equal. It can be used to create an Ethernet network. A repeater that occurs as the first layer of the OSI layer is the physical layer.
Features of Repeaters
- These repeaters are linked to each other at the physical layer.
- It sends the signals for the unsteady areas to enlarge the system signals.
- These receptors linked the various network signals to convert the data between the two devices.
- These repeaters can eliminate the distance between the two devices.
- The repeaters can frequently monitor the signals that are created between the two LANs.
- Repeaters can support dynamic networking.
- Multi-site connection solutions provide the 30 repeaters linked to it.
- The IP network links all the repeaters with an IP site relation network.
- This IP network can support a fast response to any issue in the repeater network.
- These receptors can support 100 % digital communication so that they do not require to wait for analog voice calls.
Advantages of Repeater
The main advantages of repeaters are −
- The signals get weaker as they transit to greater distances. The repeater provides the stability of the signals.
- These repeaters are cost-effective and easy to use.
- The repeaters don’t influence network performance.
- It is not all signals that can be linked using physical media.
- These repeaters can retransmit the information and powerful the weak signals.
Disadvantage of Repeaters
The main disadvantages of repeaters are −
- They cannot connect two distinct networks.
- While amplifying the signals, the repeaters also amplify the level of noise in those signals.
- If we enhance the extent of the web by only using the repeaters. In that case, the signal propagation time will grow to a considerable level, and the network’s performance will collapse.
- What are Repeaters in Computer Network?
- Repeaters in Computer Network.?
- What are the Routers in Computer Network?
- What are the Gateways in Computer Network?
- What are the services of Network Security in Computer Network?
- What are the goals of Computer Network?
- What are the Uses of Computer Network?
- What are Hubs in Computer Network?
- What are Switches in Computer Network?
- What are Routers in Computer Network?
- What are Gateways in Computer Network?
- What are Bridges in Computer Network?
- What are the Routing Algorithms in Computer Network?
- What are the Service Primitives in Computer Network?
- What are the characteristics of a computer network?