- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the goals of Computer Network?
The main goals of computer networks are as follows −
The main goal of the computer network is Resource Sharing. It is to create all the programs, data and hardware accessible to anyone on the network without considering the resource’s physical area and the client.
The second goal of a computer network is saving money. Small computers have a much excellent value proportion than higher ones. Mainframes are approximately a method ten times quicker than the quickest single-chip microprocessors, but they cost a huge number of times more.
This imbalance has made numerous system designers build systems, including dynamic personal computers, one per customer, with data kept on at least one shared document server machines. This objective prompts networks for specific computers situated in a similar building, including a network is known as LAN (Local Area Network).
The third goal is to support high reliability by acquiring a different authority of supply. For example, all files can be recreated on a few machines, and thus if one of them is nonexistent, the additional copies could be available.
The fourth goal of a computer network is to improve accessibility and the performance of the system. A system’s performance can be improved by inserting one or more processors into it as its workload grows.
For example, if the system is full, replacing it with a larger one at a large expense, it is better to add more processors to it at less cost and less disruption to the user. This improves both accessibilities as well as the performance of a system.
The fifth goal of the computer network offers a powerful communication medium. The different user on the network can immediately identify a document that has been refreshed on a network.
- What are the Uses of Computer Network?
- What are the services of Network Security in Computer Network?
- What are the characteristics of a computer network?
- What are the challenges of a Computer Network?
- What are the goals of Information Security?
- What are the Routers in Computer Network?
- What are the Repeaters in Computer Network?
- What are the Gateways in Computer Network?
- What are the types of Firewalls in Computer Network?
- What are the physical components of a Computer Network?
- What are the types of Hubs in the Computer Network?
- What are Repeaters in Computer Network?
- What are Switches in Computer Network?
- What are Hubs in Computer Network?
- What are Routers in Computer Network?