- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between OneDrive and Wuala?
Let us understand the concepts of OneDrive and Wuala before learning the differences between them.
OneDrive is a Microsoft cloud service which connects all your files. It helps us to store and protect our files, share them with others and we can access them from anywhere. It is a file hosting service available in 107 languages.
It was launched in 2007 by Microsoft as a web version of office. It offers 5GB of storage space for free and a paid version offers a space of 100 GB, 1 TB, and 6 TB available either separately or with Office 365 subscriptions.
The features of OneDrive are as follows −
Larger sized documents can be shared
It has access control and permission management features.
It is a cost effective software and also reliable with content management
Syncing your data files to your OneDrive app
Resolved syncing issue
Sharing files with others
The advantages of OneDrive are as follows −
One drive is an affordable service.
It provides a large amount of storage for very less.
Access with mobile and desktop which makes it very convenient.
Remote Access and File sharing concept.
The disadvantages of OneDrive are as follows −
Its integrations into other operating systems,
Uploading a file with a larger size takes time.
Document management is slightly difficult
Syncing issues can occur.
User interface could be improved.
OneDrive email app can focus more on spam filtering.
It is a secure online file storage, file synchronization, versioning and backup service provided by Caleido Inc and developed by Dominik Grolimund and Luzius Meisserin.
It was developed using Java, offered 5 GB free storage space and was launched in 2008. But in the year 2015, Wuala announced that they are discontinuing its service and all stored data would be deleted on 15 November 2015.
Wuala is a secure cloud storage service that enables users to store, encrypt, sync, backup, and access their files online.
The features of Wuala are as follows −
Keep files private
Share files with other registered and unregistered users
The advantages of Wuala are as follows −
More space is available in Wuala
The uploads automatically encrypted
Bandwidth can adjust
Supports mobile devices
The disadvantages of Wuala are as follows −
It will be slow at any time.
It is an operating system dependent.
It requires a separate program to work with files.
The major differences between OneDrive and Wuala are as follows −
|OneDrive was launched by Microsoft in
the year 2007.||Wuala is owned by Caleido Incorporation
later by Seagate Technology in the year
|OneDrive offers 5 GB free storage space.||Wuala offers 5 GB free storage space.|
|OneDrive provides 5 TB maximum storage
space for the paid version.||The Maximum storage capacity is 2TB.|
|OneDrive provides a maximum file size of
100 GB.||Wuala Maximum file size is 10.|
|One Drive provides file hosting service
and cloud storage service.||Wuala provides file hosting service, file
synchronization service and cloud storage
|OneDrive is still in use.||Wuala was suspended in the year 2015.|
|OneDrive supports file versioning for
professional use only.||Wuala supports file versioning.|
- What are the differences between OneDrive and BorgBase?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and Wasabi?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and pCloud?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and Tresorit?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and TitanFile?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and SugarSync?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and Zetta?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Wuala?
- What are the differences between Wuala and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between Wuala and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between TitanFile and Wuala?
- What are the differences between Tresorit and Wuala?
- What are the differences between Wuala and ZumoDrive?