- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between OneDrive and SugarSync?
Let us understand the concepts of OneDrive and SugarSync before learning the differences between them.
OneDrive is a Microsoft cloud service which connects all your files. It helps us to store and protect our files, share them with others and we can access them from anywhere. It is a file hosting service available in 107 languages.
It was launched in 2007 by Microsoft as a web version of office. It offers 5GB of storage space for free and a paid version offers a space of 100 GB, 1 TB, and 6 TB available either separately or with Office 365 subscriptions.
The features of OneDrive are as follows −
Larger sized documents can be shared
It has access control and permission management features.
It is a cost effective software and also reliable with content management
Syncing your data files to your OneDrive app
Resolved syncing issue
Sharing files with others
The advantages of OneDrive are as follows −
One drive is an affordable service
It provides a large amount of storage for very less.
Access with mobile and desktop which makes it very convenient
Remote Access and File sharing concept
The disadvantages of OneDrive are as follows −
Its integrations into other operating systems,
Uploading a file with a larger size takes time.
Document management is slightly difficult
Syncing issues can occur.
User interface could be improved.
OneDrive email app can focus more on spam filtering.
It is one of the longest-running cloud back-up services around started in year 2004. It is a convenient way to back up, sync, and access files from anywhere, anytime. It is one of the simplest file syncing services we have ever seen.
It can sync and securely access our files from the cloud in seconds. It can also save, view, and edit our documents across multiple devices and can manage and share our files the way we want.
The features of SugarSync are as follows −
In SugarSync we can safely access and share our files and folders from anywhere.
Sync Any Device
File Sharing with Anyone
Security & Protection
The advantages of SugarSync are as follows −
Share files and folders
The disadvantages of SugarSync are as follows −
Non-existent customer support
After 30 days free version no longer exists
Price is too high
The major differences between OneDrive and SugarSync are as follows −
|OneDrive was launched by Microsoft in the year 2007.||It was launched by J2Global in the year 2009|
|OneDrive offers 5 GB free storage space.||It does not offer free storage space|
|OneDrive provides 5 TB maximum storage space for the paid version.||The maximum storage capacity of SugarSync is 60 GB.|
|OneDrive provides a maximum file size of 100 GB.||SugarSync file size unlimited.|
|One Drive provides file hosting service and cloud storage service.||SugarSync offers file synchronization, cloud storage service and a file hosting service.|
|OneDrive supports remote uploading.||SugarSync does not support remote uploading.|
|OneDrive has no band-width limit.||SugarSync has a band-width limit of 10 GB for free and 250 GB for paid.|
|OneDrive supports file versioning.||SugarSync supports file versioning.|
- What are the differences between OneDrive and BorgBase?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and Wasabi?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and pCloud?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and Tresorit?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and TitanFile?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and Zetta?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and Wuala?
- What are differences between OneDrive and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and pCloud?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and TitanFile?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and RapidShare?