- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are some helpful English phrases that can improve my English?
A language can be easily learned by attempting the use of the things you see around, especially the phrases, which can help you improve your written as well as spoken English. The following Idioms belong to the word 'Blue’. Take a look!
Usage − Blue sky thinking will yield nothing.
Bluestocking (A Wise and Educated Lady)
Usage − A bluestocking like her is not approved of by some men.
Make Me Blue
Usage − That music always makes me blue.
(Obscene, Vulgar, Dirty.)
Those blue jokes don’t go over very well around here.
Out of the Blue
(The Sky, The Heavens)
The idea came to me right out of the blue.
(A European bird with a yellow face but its head and feathers are blue.)
Usage − The Indian zoos do not have blue tits.
(A cattle disease in which their tongue and mouth turn blue.)
Bluetongue affects some farm animals, especially sheep and cows.
- Related Articles
- How can I improve my spoken English?
- How can I improve my English speaking skills? I’m really afraid to talk in public.
- What are some rhetorical devices commonly used in English Literature?
- What are clauses in English Grammar?
- What are the best English movies of all time that we can see at any time?
- What is personification in English?
- Are all alphabets in English are symmetrical?
- What are the most commonly used Idioms in English?
- What Are Some Helpful Digital Marketing Tips?
- What are some facts that can change my life in next 5 minutes?
- What are the new English words you have learned today?
- What are the various literary devices used in English Literature?
- Learn English Easy in 2020: Everything You Should Know About Learning English
- What is a sonnet in English literature?
- What is Adverb Clause in English grammar?