The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Salesforce and CRM
Kickstart your Salesforce Career by learning from a Salesforce Consulting Leader and a Salesforce Certified Application Architect with over 20 years of Experience!
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
At the heart of my mission in creating this course is the desire to touch more lives in a positive way. With over two decades of experience in the IT consulting world with deep subject matter expertise in the field of CRM and Salesforce, I know firsthand the incredible impact that these tools can have on businesses and individuals alike. My goal is to share this knowledge with as many people as possible, in a way that is both simplified and lucid.
By offering an introductory course that is accessible to everyone, regardless of their background or skill level, I hope to empower individuals from all walks of life to gain a comprehensive understanding of CRM and Salesforce in particular. Whether you're a college student seeking a competitive edge, a recent graduate looking to further your education to open up new career opportunities, an experienced IT professional wanting to expand your knowledge, and skillset, a housewife, or a full-time mom eager to learn a new skill or anyone with a desire to understand the fundamentals of CRM and Salesforce, this course is for you!
I believe that by sharing my knowledge and experience in a way that is approachable and easy to understand, I can help more people realize the incredible potential of CRM and Salesforce. With these tools, businesses can improve their relationships with their customers, increase sales and revenue, and drive better business outcomes. And for individuals, mastering these tools can open up new career opportunities and help them achieve their professional goals.
The course starts with an introduction to CRM, explaining the key functionalities of a CRM system. From there, you will understand the various business teams that use CRM Systems, and the key factors that business stakeholders use to determine and select a CRM system that will be a great fit for their organizations.
You will learn about Salesforce and its offerings. Specifically, we will discuss the pre-built apps available from Salesforce such as Sales Cloud, CPQ, Billing, Service Cloud, etc. In addition, you will also learn about the industry-specific offerings from Salesforce, the App Exchange, and Salesforce's PaaS offerings.
We will also review the various roles involved in typical Salesforce projects. For someone seeking a job in the IT consulting industry, this section aims to provide the student with a good understanding of the various job roles.
You will then roll up your sleeves to spin up a Salesforce developer edition and get some hands-on experience creating a custom application, associating objects to the app, and creating a few records.
Throughout the course, you'll have access to video lectures, quizzes, and practical exercises where applicable that will help you solidify your understanding of the material.
By the end of the course, you'll have a solid foundation and understanding of the basics of CRM and Salesforce that you can build upon as you continue to explore the powerful offerings from Salesforce in more depth.
So if you're ready to start your journey toward mastering CRM and Salesforce, I invite you to enroll in this course and join me on this exciting adventure. Together, we can make a positive impact on the world and help more people realize their potential.
What will you learn in this course:
Below are the goals of this course:
- Understand what is Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and its benefits for businesses
- Familiarize yourself with common CRM terminologies to better understand the technology and its capabilities
- Learn about the importance of having a strong CRM system for managing customer interactions, tracking customer data, and analyzing customer behavior
- Learn about the factors businesses consider before selecting a CRM to ensure it meets their specific needs and goals
- Introduction to Salesforce CRM and its offerings: Get an overview of Salesforce CRM and learn about its features and capabilities
- Gain an understanding of the various consulting roles that are typically involved in a Salesforce project
- Get Hands-on experience of spinning up a Developer org
- Understand the Salesforce specific terminologies such as Applications, Objects, Records and Fields
- Understand List Views: Learn about List Views in Salesforce, which allow you to filter and sort data in a meaningful way
- Gain practical experience by creating a custom application in Salesforce and associating it with relevant profiles and objects
- Practice creating records in Salesforce to better understand how the technology works in practice
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- No programming experience / IT experience is required. You will learn everything you need to know in this course.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Meet Your Instructor
- A detailed introduction to your instructor 04:34 04:34
Customer Relationship Management - A Comprehensive Introduction
Need for CRM and its Key Users
CRM Names and Key Business Considerations for Selecting a CRM System
Introduction to Salesforce
From Idea to Inception - Lifecycle of a Salesforce Project
Salesforce Hands-On Activities
With over 20 years of global IT consulting experience delivering business solutions to customers primarily in the CRM and Quote to Cash process area, I have been fortunate to develop deep subject matter expertise on some of the Salesforce and related clouds pertaining to the QTC space.
My professional certifications include the following:
* Institute of Finance & Management (IOFM) Certified Order to Cash Solution Consultant
* Financial Accounting Certification program from Harvard Business School Online
* Salesforce Certified Application Architect
* Salesforce Certified CPQ Specialist
* Salesforce Certified Advanced Billing Specialist
* Salesforce Accredited Revenue Cloud Professional
* Salesforce Accredited Manufacturing Cloud Professional
* Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
* Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant
* Salesforce Certified Platform Developer - 1
* Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
* Salesforce Certified Data Architect
* Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Architect
* Salesforce Certified Administrator
* IIBA Certified Business Analysis professional CBAP® [2014 - 2017]
I'm passionate about the potential of the Salesforce CRM platform to help businesses and individuals achieve their goals, and I want to share this passion with as many people as possible. Whether you're a college student seeking to gain a competitive edge, a recent graduate looking to further your education, or an experienced IT professional exploring new career opportunities, I am here to offer my knowledge and deep expertise in a simplified way that will provide you with valuable insights and knowledge to help you succeed in your career and potentially unlock new career opportunities! Additionally, I'll be sharing some of the best practices I've observed throughout my extensive experience along the way.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now