- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SunPy Plotting a Solar Image in Python
In this tutorial, we are going to learn how to plot a solar image using SunPy module.
Let's install the module using the following command.
pip install sunpy
Now, we have the module. Before going into writing the actual code, we have to download the data related to sample data for plotting the image. We can download the sample data using the following code.
# importing the data import sunpy.data # downloading the data sunpy.data.download_sample_data()
If you run the above code, then you will see downloading status of the sample data.
Let's create plot a solar image from the sample data downloaded.
# importing the image from sample data from sunpy.data.sample import AIA_171_IMAGE # importing the map for solar image import sunpy.map # creating the Map with sample data solar_image = sunpy.map.Map(AIA_171_IMAGE) # plotting the image solar_image.peek()
If you run the above code, then you will get the image as follows.
- Plotting solar image in Python
- Plotting an imshow() image in 3d in Matplotlib
- Graph Plotting in Python
- Plotting graph using seaborn in python.
- Plotting profile histograms in Python Matplotlib
- Plotting a cumulative graph of Python datetimes in Matplotlib
- Geographical plotting using Python plotly
- Plotting animated quivers in Python using Matplotlib
- Plotting a heatmap for 3 columns in Python with Seaborn
- Plotting a horizontal line on multiple subplots in Python using pyplot
- Plotting Google Map using gmplot package in Python?
- Plotting grids across the subplots in Python Matplotlib
- Plotting a masked surface plot using Python, Numpy and Matplotlib
- Python - Plotting charts in excel sheet using openpyxl module
- Plotting points on the surface of a sphere in Python's Matplotlib