- SAP Testing Tutorial
- SAP Testing - Home
- SAP Testing - Overview
- SAP Testing - Types
- SAP Testing - Manual & Automation
- SAP Testing - SDLC
- Testing Type in SAP
- SAP Testing - Process
- SAP Testing - Navigation
- SAP Testing - Screen Flow
- SAP Testing - Modules
- SAP Testing - Interfaces
- SAP Testing - Cases
- SAP Testing - TAO
- SAP Testing - TAO Folder Structure
- Configure Quality Testing Center
- SAP Testing - TAO Results Analysis
- TAO Build & Execute Test Script
- SAP Testing - TAO Consolidate
- SAP Testing - TAO UI Scanner
- SAP Testing - Automation Tools
- SAP Testing - Solution Manager
- SAP Testing - HP Business Process
- SAP Testing - QTP
- SAP Testing - Case Study
- SAP Testing Useful Resources
- SAP Testing - Questions & Answers
- SAP Testing - Quick Guide
- SAP Testing - Useful Resources
- SAP Testing - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SAP Testing - Process
SAP testing process is usually divided into three phases −
- Test Planning
- Test System setup
- Test Execution and evaluation
Test planning includes the steps that are involved in the initial phase of testing.
Gathering the requirement. What needs to be tested? Functional requirements to be collected for system and application testing.
Test-case development for manual and automation testing. In automation testing, various tools can be used for creating test-cases.
Reviewing the test-cases.
Test System Setup
Test system setup involves setting up the test environment to run the test-cases. Here, the tester needs to define key metrics for reporting.
Test Execution and Evaluation
Test execution and evaluation involves executing the test-cases and noting down the output. It includes the following activities −
- Defect handling and reporting.
- Assessment of Test plans as per result.
- Documentation of all defects and compare the results with key metrics.
SAP Testing – Critical Process
In SAP system testing, you need to identify critical business processes that will be affected by implementing changes in a SAP system. It mostly comes under Regression testing, where you apply a patch or implement a new system.
The first step before applying these changes is to perform change impact analysis. This covers critical processes that will be affected by implementing the change.
Let us take an example. Suppose the planned changes are as follows −
- SAP support pack 7
- Custom code
- SAP enhance package
- Sales Order
- Delivery of goods
- Payment method
Impact Analysis for Critical Processes
Here, the following activities are to be carried out in Impact Analysis −
Identification of the critical business processes impacted by change implementation.
Business justification to be provided as to why this change has to be implemented.
Creating the test plan to monitor critical processes for SAP testing while performing the change.
Evaluation of impact of change on critical processes and the purpose to implement the change.