- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why is air considered as a mixture?
Air contains oxygen and nitrogen as its major constituents of air. These gases retain their properties in the air. Hence, air is considered a mixture.
Mixtures consist of two or more different kinds of particles or two or more pure substances mixed together, but these are not chemically bound.
Example: Sugar solution is a mixture because it can be separated into its constituents by physical processes (like evaporation). It shows the properties of both sugar and water.
The Earth's atmosphere is made up of a mixture of gases called "air." These are colorless and odorless gases. It is made up of 78 % nitrogen, 21% oxygen, and 1 % other gases and water vapour. It also contains trace amounts of carbon dioxide, neon, helium, methane, krypton, hydrogen, nitrous oxide, xenon, ozone, iodine, carbon monoxide, water vapours, and ammonia.]
- Related Articles
- Why is air considered a mixture and not a compound?
- Why is Petrol considered a mixture?
- Why is river Ganga considered as sacred?
- Why a mixture of Ethyne and air is not used?
- Why Anger is considered as self-killer/destroyer?
- Explain why, a solution of salt in water is considered a mixture and not a compound.
- Why is Steve Jobs considered as a role model for leaders?
- State three reasons why you think air is a mixture and water is a compound.
- Why algae is not considered as a plant, although it does photosynthesis?
- Why is the Video Considered as a Powerful Tool in Digital Marketing?
- Air is a mixture. Prove this statement.
- Why do we have a different time zones and why GMT is considered as the standard?
- A mixture of oxygen and ethyne is burnt for welding. Can you tell why a mixture of ethyne and air is not used?
- Why Dante is considered a great poet?
- Why is LPG considered a good fuel?