- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are Protein and Calcium?
Proteins are chain-forms of organic compounds known as amino acids. Protein provides energy for the body. It is an important component of body cells.
Proteins are referred to be bodybuilding food since they are utilized to create and repair bodily tissue. They aid in the battle against infection and boost the body's immune system. Additionally, they serve as a source of fuel, as our body consumes excess protein for energy.
Seafood, lean meat and chicken, fish, eggs, beans and peas, soy, yogurt, cheese, and unsalted nuts and seeds are examples of protein-rich foods.
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body makes up 1.9% of the body by weight. 99% of calcium is present in the skeleton, hence calcium provides support to the body.
Calcium is essential for many bodily functions, so a deficiency can have widespread effects, including on the muscles, bones, and teeth, as well as on mental health.
Milk contains a variety of nutrients that benefit bone health, such as calcium, vitamin D, phosphorus, and magnesium. Studies suggest that consuming milk and dairy products may prevent osteoporosis and reduce the risk of fractures.
- Related Articles
- What are protein-carbohydrate deficiency diseases?
- What Are Calcium Channel Blockers?
- What are the natural sources of protein?
- What are the symptoms of Calcium Deficiency?
- What is Protein?
- What are the best protein sources for pure vegan?
- What are Protein mats? How are they helpful to the environment?
- Chromosomes are made up of(a) DNA(b) protein(c) DNA and protein(d) RNA.
- What are protein carbohydrates deficiency diseases ? Name the two diseases?
- What are the problems created due to excess calcium?
- Protein Targeting or Protein Sorting
- Are iron, calcium and phosphorus Macrominerals or Trace minerals?
- Protein Science and Its Significance
- What are the health benefits of protein bars? Do they replace your breakfast?
- What is Protein? A Complete Scientific Guide