- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Chromosomes are made up of
(c) DNA and protein
Correct Answer: (c) DNA and protein
Chromosomes are thread-like structures made up of protein and a single molecule of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA). These are located inside the nucleus of animal and plant cells.
The structure of chromosomes keeps DNA tightly wrapped around spool-like proteins called histones. Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes, for a total of 46 chromosomes.
Chromosomes are composed of DNA, histones, and RNA. Genes are not visible and chromosomes are visible under the microscope. A single chromosome comprises many genes. It contains and preserves information in the form of a sequence of DNA for producing proteins.
- Related Articles
- What Are DNA, RNA and Genes
- Are chromosomes found in DNA?
- Differences between DNA and RNA and their Functions
- What is the full form of DNA and RNA
- What are Protein and Calcium?
- Plant DNA C Values
- Protein Targeting or Protein Sorting
- Repeated DNA Sequences in C++
- DNA Damage and Repair Mechanisms
- What is DNA?
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- What are the natural sources of protein?
- Name two foods each rich in:(a) Fats (b) Starch(c) Dietary fibre(d) Protein
- Explain DNA copying and its importance.