- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Chromosomes are made up of
(c) DNA and protein
Correct Answer: (c) DNA and protein
Chromosomes are thread-like structures made up of protein and a single molecule of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA). These are located inside the nucleus of animal and plant cells.
The structure of chromosomes keeps DNA tightly wrapped around spool-like proteins called histones. Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes, for a total of 46 chromosomes.
Chromosomes are composed of DNA, histones, and RNA. Genes are not visible and chromosomes are visible under the microscope. A single chromosome comprises many genes. It contains and preserves information in the form of a sequence of DNA for producing proteins.
- Repeated DNA Sequences in C++
- What are the natural sources of protein?
- What are the best protein sources for pure vegan?
- What are Protein mats? How are they helpful to the environment?
- What are the health benefits of protein bars? Do they replace your breakfast?
- DNA App Store: Wish to gain insights about your genes?
- Find four elements a, b, c and d in an array such that a+b = c+d in C++
- Show that the following grammar is LR (1) S → A a |b A c |B c | b B a A → d B → d
- Construct Quadruples, Triples, and Indirect Triples for the expression -(a + b) * (c + d) - (a + b + c)
- Find largest d in array such that a + b + c = d in C++
- What are some signs that tell me that I don't have enough protein in my diet?
- Count number of strings (made of R, G and B) using given combination in C++
- Registers B, C, D, E, H, and L in 8085 Microprocessor
- C++ Program to Generate All Possible Combinations Out of a,b,c,d,e
- Check if a given string is made up of two alternating characters in C++