- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
A caterpillar is considered to be an insect. Why?
Caterpillars are the larval stage of members of the order Lepidoptera (the insect order comprising butterflies and moths).
Caterpillars are also insects, just like their parent butterflies or moths. They have six proper legs,just like all insects, but also up to five pairs of prolegs with little hooks that help them to hang onto things, and to move in a wave-like motion.
- Related Articles
- Explain why, natural gas is considered to be a good fuel.
- Why is AIDS considered to be a 'Syndrome' and not a disease?
- Explain why, the tongue may be considered to be both a receptor and an effector organ.
- Why is respiration considered an exothermic process?
- Why is photosynthesis considered an endothermic reaction?
- Why is respiration considered an exothermic reaction? Explain.
- Why is Petrol considered a mixture?
- Why Dante is considered a great poet?
- Why is LPG considered a good fuel?
- Why is air considered as a mixture?
- Explain why, hydrogen and oxygen are considered elements whereas water is not considered an element.
- Why is Swami Vivekananda considered an inspirational leader even today?
- Why is biogas considered an ideal fuel for domestic use?
- A digital thermometer is considered to be a safer device.Why?
- Why is Sandeep Maheshwari considered to be the best among Motivational Speakers in India?