Microsoft Expression Web - Overview
Microsoft Expression Web is a full-featured professional tool for designing, developing, and publishing feature-rich websites that conform to web standards. You can use Expression Web to create web pages and sites that let you transfer files between your computer and your hosting account.
Expression Web 4 requires .NET Framework 4.0 and Silverlight 4.0 to install and run.
Microsoft Expression Web − History
Microsoft Expression Web − History Microsoft released the first Community Technology Preview (CTP) version of Expression Web on May 14, 2006.
Microsoft Expression Web 4 was released on June 7, 2010.
It added the option of HTML add-ins and access to a web-based functionality for testing pages on browsers that cannot be installed on the user's system, such as Mac OS X or Linux browsers.
It also provides an SEO Checker using which you can analyze already created websites against the best practices for getting the highest possible search engine rankings.
Expression Web Service Packs
Expression Web Service Packs Expression Web 4 Service Pack 1 was released in March 2011 and added support for IntelliSense for HTML5 and CSS.
Expression Web 4 Service Pack 2 was released in July 2011. It fixed a number of issues and introduced new features such as −
- jQuery IntelliSense support
- a panel for managing snippets
- Interactive Snapshot Panel
- comment/uncomment functionality in Code View, and
- workspace and toolbar customization.
In December 2012, Microsoft announced that Expression Studio will no longer be a standalone product. Expression Blend is being integrated into Visual Studio, while Expression Web and Expression Design will now be free products.
To create a website using Microsoft Expression Web, your computer should meet the following requirements −
- You should have at least Windows XP with Service Pack 3 or the latest operating systems.
- You should have a PC with 1 GHz or faster processor.
- Your PC should have 1 GB of RAM or more.
- Your PC should have 2 GB or more of available hard disk space.
- You should have .NET Framework 4.0 and Silverlight 4.0.
- Your PC should support Microsoft DirectX® 9.0 graphics.
- You should have DVD compatible drive.
- You should have 1024 × 768 or higher resolution monitor with 24-bit color.
- Some product features require Firefox 3.0 or later, Internet Explorer 8. So you should have the same version.
Actual requirements and product functionality may vary based on your system configuration and operating system.