If you want to learn the critical fundamental concepts in Java then consider this course carefully. This course is a systematic approach to the Oracle Java 8 1Z0-808 (OCA) Certification exam. All of the topics on the syllabus on the Oracles website are covered. All of the topics are dealt with in detail, assuming no prior knowledge.
Working with Java Data Types
Controlling Program Flow
Working with Methods and Encapsulation
Java Object-Oriented Approach
Working with Selected classes from the Java API
As well as explaining concepts using code samples in an IDE where necessary, I draw diagrams on a whiteboard wherever I can. Feedback from learners has been extremely positive regarding the use of diagrams on the whiteboard. The whiteboard is particularly useful around the topics of:
Java objects versus references
String and wrapper-class immutability
Inheritance - upcasting, downcasting, ClassCastExceptions (why they occur)
- Java Basics - scope, class structure, Java features, identifiers, and reserved words.
- Working with Java Data Types - primitives, wrappers, operators, String immutability, StringBuilder
- Controlling Program Flow - conditional (if/switch), loops (while/do-while/for), break, continue.
- Working with Methods and Encapsulation - static, constructors, access modifiers, call-by-value.
- Java Object Oriented Approach - inheritance, overloading/overriding, polymorphism, abstract, constructors, upcasting/downcasting, interfaces, enums, instanceof
- Exception Handling - try/catch/finally, try-with-resources, suppressing exceptions, exception signatures, inheritance, custom exceptions
- Arrays - declaring, initializing, anonymous arrays, reference assignments, 2D arrays, arrays with wrappers
- Working with Selected classes from the Java API - ArrayLists, Lamba expressions, Predicate Lambdas, Calendar Data manipulation
- an IDE (integrated development environment) such as Netbeans, Eclipse, IntelliJ etc...
- basic computer fundamentals