Different companies use different methods to organize their projects and choosing the right tool to suit their needs is best determined by the type of methodology they use. Jira is a good example of a project management tool that can help various teams to manage projects.
Jira is a project management and issue tracking tool that is very flexible and customizable, making it useful in a wide array of environments. Jira issue types and workflows allow customization for almost any scenario and can all be easily configured with the help of the administrative backend.
There are different versions of Jira available, but the core concepts are applicable across these versions. This course uses a non-premium version of Jira Software on Cloud. Jira Software is the Jira flagship version that is commonly used for agile project management, meaning companies who use the agile methodology will benefit from using it. In connection to this, learning some agile concepts is required for learning Jira. A crash course on the basics of agile methodology is included in this course.
This is an introductory course to Jira, so if you are a beginner, this course can bring you from zero to hero in no time!
The key takeaways from this course are:
● The different versions of Jira
● Basics of Agile Methodology
● Key Agile and Jira terms you need to learn
● Navigating Jira’s Interface
● How to create and customize a Team-Managed Project
● How to use a Company-Managed Project
● Team-Managed Project vs Company-Managed Project
● How to create and manage Scrum Boards and Kanban Boards
● How to create Issues and what are the different Issue Types
● Creating Filters in Jira
● Using Dashboards in Jira
● Reports and Roadmaps in Jira
● User Management in Jira
● Understanding Workflows
● Understanding how Schemes work
● Creating Custom Fields
● Automation basics in Jira
● Jira System Administration overview