- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
It is a hot summer day, Priyanshi and Ali are wearing cotton and nylon clothes respectively. Who do you think would be more comfortable and why?
Sweating is a natural mechanism to keep our body cool. Our body sweats a lot in hot summer days. A cotton cloth absorbs sweat easily, while a nylon cloth does not.
Evaporation of sweat absorbed by cotton cloth resulted in cooling effect to our body. When one wears cotton cloth on hot summer days it absorbs the sweat coming out from our body easily. The surface area of sweat also increases as it is absorbed by the cotton cloth which increases the rate of evaporation and one who wears cotton cloth feels more comfortable because of the cooling effect due to the evaporation of sweat.
Hence, Priyanshi who was wearing cotton cloth will feel more comfortable, while Ali does not.
- Related Articles
- Why we don’t prefer to wear nylon clothes on a hot summer day?
- Why are fabrics made from cotton more comfortable in summer?
- Why in summer wearing cotton clothes is preferred in comparison to synthetic clothes?
- Why we wear warm clothes in winter and cotton clothes in summers?
- Why does a person drink a hot tea on a chilly winter day or iced tea on a hot summer day?
- Can we wear nylon clothes every day?
- Why cotton is worn only in summer?
- What Is Azure Machine Learning, And Why Would You Use It?
- Do you think IPL should be banned? Yes/No….Why?
- Why do we feel hot when we wear winter clothes?
- What is emotional intelligence and why do you need it?
- Why cotton cloth is used in the summer season?
- A lot of dry leaves are collected in a school garden and are burnt every day. Do you think that it is right to do so? If not, what should be done to dispose off the dry leaves?
- Why do people perspire a lot on a hot humid day?
- If we eat bread and omelette daily, then do you think it is a balanced diet?