- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
In-service register in 8259
Also, an 8-bit register which keeps track records of the interrupt requests that are currently being executed. If the request IR6 is currently being served, whose contents of ISR will be 01000000. If by any means the request to IR3 becomes active during the service process of IR6, 8259 sets bit 3 of ISR to 1 and activates the output INT. But bit 6 of ISR always remains set at 1 asIR6 request which is not fully serviced. Hence the contents ofISR become 01001000. The following assumptions stated below helps this to happen.
Until 8259 operates in a complete nested mode, without the priority of rotating such that IR3 gets high priority than IR6.
The processor should enable interrupts in the routine specified for IR6.
Till the IR3 request has not been masked.
Fig:8259 interfaced along with 8085 processor
- Slave register in 8259
- Interrupt request register in 8259
- Interrupt mask register in 8259
- How to specify service lifetime for register service that added as a dependency C# Asp.net Core?
- Registers used in 8259
- Architecture of 8259
- Pins of 8259
- 8259 PIC Microprocessor
- Programming the 8259 with slaves
- Flags register in 8085 Microprocessor
- Use of 8259 in an 8086-based system
- Overview of the working of 8259
- Programming the 8259 with no slaves
- “register” keyword in C
- Register addressing mode in 8085 Microprocessor