- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to install Python in Windows?
Python is a widely used high-level programming language. To write and execute code in python, we first need to install Python on our system.
Installing Python on Windows takes a series of few easy steps.
Step 1 − Select Version of Python to Install
Python has various versions available with differences between the syntax and working of different versions of the language. We need to choose the version which we want to use or need. There are different versions of Python 2 and Python 3 available.
Step 2 − Download Python Executable Installer
On the web browser, in the official site of python (www.python.org), move to the Download for Windows section.
All the available versions of Python will be listed. Select the version required by you and click on Download. Let suppose, we chose the Python 3.9.1 version.
On clicking download, various available executable installers shall be visible with different operating system specifications. Choose the installer which suits your system operating system and download the instlaller. Let suppose, we select the Windows installer(64 bits).
The download size is less than 30MB.
Step 3 − Run Executable Installer
We downloaded the Python 3.9.1 Windows 64 bit installer.
Run the installer. Make sure to select both the checkboxes at the bottom and then click Install New.
On clicking the Install Now, The installation process starts.
The installation process will take few minutes to complete and once the installation is successful, the following screen is displayed.
Step 4 − Verify Python is installed on Windows
To ensure if Python is succesfully installed on your system. Follow the given steps −
Open the command prompt.
Type ‘python’ and press enter.
The version of the python which you have installed will be displayed if the python is successfully installed on your windows.
Step 5 − Verify Pip was installed
Pip is a powerful package management system for Python software packages. Thus, make sure that you have it installed.
To verify if pip was installed, follow the given steps −
Open the command prompt.
Enter pip –V to check if pip was installed.
The following output appears if pip is installed successfully.
We have successfully installed python and pip on our Windows system.
- How to Install Python on Windows?
- Guide to Install MongoDB with Python in Windows
- How to Install C++ Compiler on Windows?
- How to Install Windows Features with PowerShell?
- How to install OpenCV for C++ in Windows?
- How to install a windows service using windows command prompt in C#?
- How to install Imagick/imagemagick PHP extension on Windows 10?
- How to Install the Azure CLI on Windows using PowerShell?
- How to install Matplotlib without installing Qt using Conda on Windows?
- How to install JDK in Windows and set up the environment variables?
- How to install Tkinter in Python?
- How to install OpenCV in Python?
- How to install matplotlib in Python?
- How to install a Python Module?
- How to install Python modules in Cygwin?