- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to Install C++ Compiler on Windows?
There are several alternatives for compiling C++ on windows. Let's look at 2 of them:
To install GCC on Windows you need to install MinGW. To install MinGW, go to the MinGW homepage, www.mingw.org, and follow the link to the MinGW download page. Download the latest version of the MinGW installation program which should be named MinGW-<version>.exe.
While installing MinGW, at a minimum, you must install gcc-core, gcc-g++, Binutils, and the MinGW runtime, but you may wish to install more.
Add the bin subdirectory of your MinGW installation to your PATH environment variable so that you can specify these tools on the command line by their simple names.
When the installation is complete, you will be able to run gcc, g++, ar, ranlib, dlltool, and several other GNU tools from the Windows command line.
For a detailed installation guide, visit: https://www.compile.work/guides/installation/windows/gcc.html
If you'd rather use an IDE for C++ development, you can install the devC++ compiler/IDE for windows. Download the exe file from https://bloodshed-dev-c.en.softonic.com/ and follow the instructions there to install it. Installation is pretty straightforward.
- How to Install C++ Compiler on Linux?
- How to Install Python on Windows?
- How to install OpenCV for C++ in Windows?
- How to install Imagick/imagemagick PHP extension on Windows 10?
- How to Install the Azure CLI on Windows using PowerShell?
- How to install Python in Windows?
- How to install a windows service using windows command prompt in C#?
- How to install c c compiler and development tools in ubuntu
- How to install Matplotlib without installing Qt using Conda on Windows?
- How to Install Windows Features with PowerShell?
- Guide to Install MongoDB with Python in Windows
- How to Install Bower on Ubuntu
- How to install Doxygen on Ubuntu
- How to Install Webmin on Ubuntu
- How to Install Grunt on Ubuntu?