- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain Single and multi-tire architectures of ODBC?
Generally, ODBC architecture is of two types single-tier and multi-tier.
This is an ODBC architecture which involves single-tier ODBC drivers. In singletier ODBC architecture, the ODBC driver receives ODBC requests/calls from the application and directly interacts with database files. It passes the SQL commands corresponding to the received calls and retrieves the results.
Example: Microsoft Access
This is an ODBC architecture which involves multiple-tier ODBC drivers. This is a common architecture and is based on client server communication.
Client: The application that makes ODBC requests, the driver and the DriverManager together considered as a client.
Server: The database and the database software (that provides DB access) together are considered as a server.
In ODBC multi-tier architecture, the application sends ODBC request/calls to the server and the server holds the ODBC calls and passes the SQL statements to the database system.
Example: Oracle, SQL server.
- Explain the ODBC architecture?
- Single-threaded and Multi-threaded Processes
- Differentiate between a single processor and a multi-processor.
- Difference Between JDBC and ODBC
- What are the different components and architectures of firewalls?
- What is ODBC?
- What are the features of ODBC?
- Explain Multi tape Turing Machine in TOC?
- Difference between ODBC and JDBC in Java
- What is the difference between ODBC and JDBC
- What are the important components of ODBC?
- What are the disadvantages of ODBC drivers?
- What are the relationships between programming languages and parallel architectures?