- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain the ODBC architecture?
ODBC architecture consists of the following components.
Application: An application which communicates with the databases using ODBC functions is an ODBC application.
ODBC driver manager: The ODBC diver manager manages the underlying drivers in an application. Whenever an application calls a function of ODBC API to communicate with a database, the driver manager accepts those function calls and passes them to the ODBC driver. When the driver retrieves the results from the database the driver manager accepts the results from the driver and returns it back to the application.
ODBC driver: The ODBC driver accepts the application function calls from the driver manager and connects to the specified DataSource, retrieves the required data and returns it back to the driver manager.
Data source: A DataSource contains a set of data, environments associated with it such as software to access the database, operating and network platform.
- Explain the architecture of JDBC?
- Explain the architecture of DBMS?
- Explain Single and multi-tire architectures of ODBC?
- Explain the stream architecture in .NET
- Explain the architecture of Java Swing in Java?
- Explain the three level schema architecture in DBMS?
- Explain the performance of cache in computer architecture?
- Explain Java Virtual Machine (JVM) Architecture
- What is ODBC?
- Explain the various DMA transfer modes in computer architecture?
- What are the features of ODBC?
- What are the important components of ODBC?
- What are the disadvantages of ODBC drivers?
- Explain the methods of reducing the number of microinstructions in computer architecture?
- Explain Java Virtual Machine's Internal Architecture