- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain how a violin plot can be visualized using factorplot function in Python?
The barplot function establishes the relationship between a categorical variable and a continuous variable. Data is represented in the form of rectangular bars where the length of the bar indicates the proportion of data in that specific category.
Point plots are similar to bar plots but instead of representing the fill bar, the estimated value of the data point is represented by a point at a specific height on the other axis.
Categorical data can be visualized using categorical scatter plots or two separate plots with the help of pointplot or a higher level function known as factorplot.
The factorplot function draws a categorical plot on a FacetGrid, with the help of parameter ‘kind’.
The value to ‘kind’ parameter here would be ‘violin’. FacetGrid uses ‘pointplot’ function by default.
Let us understand how a factorplot can be used to create a violin graph −
import pandas as pd import seaborn as sb from matplotlib import pyplot as plt my_df = sb.load_dataset('exercise') sb.factorplot(x = "time", y = "pulse", hue = "kind", kind = 'violin',data = my_df); plt.show()
- The required packages are imported.
- The input data is ‘exercise’ which is loaded from the seaborn library.
- This data is stored in a dataframe.
- The ‘load_dataset’ function is used to load the iris data.
- This data is visualized using the ‘factorplot’ function.
- Here, the dataframe is supplied as parameter.
- The ‘kind’ parameter is specified as ‘violin’ here.
- Also, the x and y values are specified.
- This data is displayed on the console.
- How can every violin in a violin plot be split in Python Seaborn Library?
- How can a linear relationship be visualized using Seaborn in Python?
- How can multiple lines be visualized using Bokeh Python?
- Explain how a quiver plot can be built using Matplotlib Python?
- How can patch plot with multiple patches be visualized in Bokeh?
- How can a vertical bar graph be visualized using Bokeh and Python?
- How can a Beizer curve be visualized using Bokeh?
- How can axis aligned rectangles be visualized using Python and Bokeh?
- How can bar graphs be visualized using Bokeh?
- How can data that has multiple variables be visualized using Seaborn in Python?
- Explain how Pygal can be used to create interactive visualizations, and show how a bar graph can be visualized using Pygal.
- How can factorplot be used in Seaborn to visualize data in Python?
- Explain how Matplotlib can be used to create a wireframe plot in Python?
- Explain how the minimum of a scalar function can be found in SciPy using Python?
- Create a Violin Plot with SeaBorn – Python Pandas